Visiting Montgomery County Jail?
To make visiting your inmate easier:
1. When your loved one first calls from jail, be sure to remind them to put your name on their visitors list RIGHT AWAY. Otherwise the jail might make you wait a whole month before you can visit.
2. Have your Driver’s License or ID with photo ready for check in when you go to visit. Remember they will check to see if YOU have any outstanding warrants, so pay your traffic tickets before you come to visit!
3. Empty your pockets completely and leave all that in your car or with someone on the outside.
4. Arrive twenty to thirty minutes EARLY.
5. In the summer, bring water! In the winter, bring a jacket! There are no shaded areas or inside areas to wait, and the waiting room is not heated or cooled.
6. If the deputy cannot locate your inmate, be patient and re-assure them he/she is there; they may not want to check, but they can.
7. If the telephone does not work at your visiting booth, tell the deputy you want to be allowed in the next group. In “C quad”, for example, there are nine booths yet only seven phones work.