Johnson County (P) La Salle Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Johnson County (P) La Salle
- Report Date
- Shane Sowell and William Phariss
- Original Report
- Click Here
- TJP Commentary
- During the review of face to face observation documentation, it was determined jail staff had falsified the jail checks by recording the observation time 15 minutes prior to the actual time the observation occurred.
- During the review of face-to-face observations of inmates where inmates known to be assaultive, potentially suicidal, mentally ill, or who have demonstrated bizarre behavior are confined, it was determined the facility exceeded the 30 minutes by 1 minute to 90
- During the review of medical grievances, it was determined some grievances were not being answered and returned until three to four months after the required 60 days response time requirement.
TJP Policy Fellow, Kevin Garrett found that LaSalle had been sued for the very violations found here – medical grievances not being answered and substandard medical care. Read more on the lawsuits here.
La Salle, who is probably the most egregious violator of minimum jail standards, continues to enter into private contracts with counties despite several deaths in their custody.
- Violation Types
- Admission - Chapter 265: Admission
- Discipline And Grievances - Chapter 283: Discipline and Grievances
- Supervision Of Inmates