Stephens County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Stephens County
- Report Date
- Number of days
- Jackie Semmler
- Original Report
- Download Non-Compliant Report
- Notes and Summary
- After reviewing documentation for visual face-to-face observations, it was determined that staff exceeded the required visual face-to-face observation of inmates in detox and holding anywhere from 15 minutes to over an one hour over the required 30 minute time period.
- After reviewing a random selection of inmate files, it was determined that the medical instructions of the doctor were not being followed. In one file, the doctor ordered Vitamin D and B12 for an inmate on 11/25/2015. The Medical Administration Records reveal that the inmate did not receive the vitamins as prescribed.
- On March 14, 2016, an inmate was booked into the Stephens Co. Jail that had a match on a CCQ and indicators on the screening form that the inmate has been diagnosed with a mental illness. The magistrate and supervisor were not notified as required.
- The facilities approved operational plan indicates various stages of suicide watches. Staff exceeded the approved 15 minute watch by as little as 1 minute and up to 19 minutes over the 15 minute watch.
- Inmates are not being supervised by facility staff in the kitchen area during food preparation and during the serving/prepping of the trays.
- Violation Types
- Admission - Chapter 265: Admission
- Food Service - Chapter 281: Food Service
- Health Services - Chapter 273: Health Services
Stephens County Non-compliant Jail Reports
No active reports