Houston County Special Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Houston County Special
- Report Date
- Number of days
- Wendy Wisneski
- Original Report
- Download Non-Compliant Report
- TJP Commentary
- Video documentation reveals I/M Wood exited the unsecured ‘receiving door’, that was controlled by the central control room officer, and entered the sally port area. The sally port was also left unsecured. I/M Wood was able to exit the facility, enter the unsecured work shed and take what was believed to be two (2) machetes. I/M Wood left the facility grounds by exiting through the back gate which was also unsecured due to being inoperable.
- A review of paperwork provided revealed that the custody level of I/M Wood was correct, but the custody reassessment was completed incorrectly and was completed in excess of 90 days of the Initial Custody Assessment.
- A review of paperwork provided revealed ‘counts’ were completed every twenty (20) minutes at 0600, 0620, 0640 and 0700. However, video documentation revealed that I/M Wood escaped the facility at approximately 0605. I/M Wood was not discovered to be missing until approximately 0725. Therefore, face to face observations did not occur as required.
A Houston County jail Inmate escaped when he had been assigned to work in the kitchen as a trustee.
On the day of escape, he literally walked off from the jail while preparing and serving meals. He said he felt ill and was permitted to go to the restroom when he escaped. Read the full story here.
- Violation Types
- Classification And Separation Of Inmates - Chapter 271: Classification and Separation of Inmates
- New Construction Rules
- Supervision Of Inmates