Harris County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Harris County
- Report Date
- Number of days
- Jackie Benningfield, Jennifer Shumake, Shannon Herklotz, Shane Sowell, and Jason Jouett
- Original Report
- Download Non-Compliant Report
- TJP Commentary
- While conducting the walk-through of 701 San Jacinto Jail, 1200 Baker St. Jail and the Inmate Processing Center, the inspection team discovered that certain areas of each building were not being kept at an acceptable level of cleanliness.
- During the walk-through of the 1200 Baker St. kitchen, random trays were selected and food temperatures were recorded. It was determined that the hot foods were not up to health codes (temperature) prior to the food being distributed to the inmate housing areas. It should be noted that technical assistance was provided for food temperature
issues during last year’s annual inspection.
After a death in custody 3 months earlier, a team of 5 inspectors returned to inspect. Their only findings of non-compliance were on sanitation and food preparation.
- Violation Types
- Food Service - Chapter 281: Food Service
Active Harris County Non-compliant Jail Reports
- Harris County - August 18 2023
- Harris County - April 17 2023
- Harris County - March 08 2023
- Harris County - September 07 2022