Dawson County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Dawson County
- Report Date
- Number of days
- Shane Sowell
- Original Report
- Download Non-Compliant Report
- Notes and Summary
- The jail staff were unable to remotely open the locking mechanisms to M/O cells #124, 126, 136, 153, 154, 156 and 157 from the control room as required by minimum jail standards.
- During the walk-through, it was determined jail staff exceeding housing capacity of two (2) female living areas. At the time of inspection, there were two (2) inmates housed in a single occupancy separation cell and there were five (5) inmates housed in a 4-bed multiple occupancy cell. Two (2) inmates were forced to sleep on the floor.
- The administration was unable to provide the VRSS reporting logs dating back to August 8, 2018 nor could it be prove that each prisoner was entered into the VRSS system as required.
- During the review of disciplinary reports, it was determined that the staff were initiating disciplinary sanctions prior to the completion of the 24 hour notice which was noted as technical assistance during the FY 2018 annual inspection.
- Violation Types
- Admission - Chapter 265: Admission
- Discipline And Grievances - Chapter 283: Discipline and Grievances
- New Construction Rules
Dawson County Non-compliant Jail Reports
No active reports