Childress County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Childress County
- Report Date
- Number of days
- Jason Jouett
- Original Report
- Download Non-Compliant Report
- Notes and Summary
- Restraint logs showed staff exceeded the 15 minute required observation checks of people in restraints by 1 to 15 minutes on multiple occasions. Technical assistance provided.
- Not all jailers had received 1 hour of suicide prevention training in 2022. New jail administrator was directed to immediately complete 1 hour of suicide prevention training with all jailers. Technical assistance provided.
- On 3 occasions the form Suicide and Medical Mental Developmental Impairments screening form was not completed in its entirety. Issues noted were times not listed at the top of the form and yes answers not having comments as required. Technical assistance provided.
- During the review of the Texas Department of State Health Services health inspection, there were 7 deficiencies noted by the inspector.
- Staff were not present in the kitchen to supervise preparation of the lunch meal. The new Jail administrator stated the previous kitchen supervisor had to be pulled from the kitchen duties and reassigned too the jail floor. Technical assistance provided.
- During the review of disciplinary documentation, it was found staff were dating sanctions on waivers prior to the hearing being waived. The sanction can’t start until the hearing waiver has been signed by the incarcerated person or the hearing is conducted. Technical assistance provided.
- Violation Types
- Discipline And Grievances - Chapter 283: Discipline and Grievances
- Food Service - Chapter 281: Food Service
- Health Services - Chapter 273: Health Services
- Supervision Of Inmates
Childress County Non-compliant Jail Reports
No active reports