Franklin County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Franklin County
- Report Date
- Number of days
- Michael Gravitt
- Original Report
- Download Non-Compliant Special Report
- Notes and Summary
- Life safety training records failed to show that staff received required quarterly training.
- During the review of recreation logs, it was observed that staff are routinely not documenting recreation for facility trusties. Administration advised that trusties have unlimited access to the recreation area. Issue was addressed with administration that documentation for all inmates must be maintained to show at least one hour of supervised physical exercise or physical recreation at least three days per week. Follow-up action required : Administration will scan and email recreation logs to this inspector weekly for the next 30 to 60 days for review.
- During the review of VRSS logs, it was observed that the log of positive responses does not identify if a referral card was issued to the inmate. The log also does not identify a reason a referral card was not issued in cases where a card was not issued. Issue was addressed with administration that the log of positive responses shall include whether a referral card was issued to the identified veteran prior to his or her release and if a referral card was not issued, a reason shall be provided on the log. Follow-up action required : Administration will make the necessary corrections to the positive VRSS log and will scan and email the VRSS log to this inspector weekly for the next 30 days.
- During the review of life safety training, it was observed that multiple staff members during multiple quarters failed to obtain required quarterly life training. Issue was addressed with administration that all staff are required to complete life safety training on at least a quarterly basis. Follow-up action required : Administration will ensure that all staff receive the required quarterly life safety training. Administration will complete quarterly life safety training for the first and second quarters of 2023 and will scan and email the completed training to this inspector.
- Violation Types
- Admission - Chapter 265: Admission
- Life Safety Rules
- Recreation And Exercise
Franklin County Non-compliant Jail Reports
No active reports