Victoria County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Victoria County
- Report Date
- Jennifer Shumake and Jon Luna
- Original Report
- Click Here
- TJP Commentary
- While reviewing the inmate Medication Administration Records (MARS) forms, the inspection team was unable to verify that the medical staff is distributing all medications in accordance with doctor’s orders.
- After reviewing the inmate suicide screening forms, it was determine that the referrals to mental health officials were not being completed in compliance with Article 16.22 of the Code of Criminal Procedure.
- After reviewing the inmate suicide screening forms, it was determine that the forms were not being completed in their entirety.
When a reporter called the jail around 2/14/2020, to inquire about the latest violations, she was told by jail administrators that it’s just a paperwork issue. Not administering medications as per doctor’s orders is NOT JUST PAPERWORK! Not completing suicide forms is NOT JUST PAPERWORK! Not referring 16.22 suicide screenings to mental health officials is NOT JUST PAPERWORK! It’s life threatening PAPERWORK!
- Violation Types
- Health Services - Chapter 273: Health Services