Maverick County Non-Compliant Jail Report
- Jail Name
- Maverick County
- Report Date
- Martin P. Arnold
- Original Report
- Click Here
- TJP Commentary
- During the inspection of the fire panel, it was discovered that the system was indicating a troubling alarm. Repairs are estimated to be completed in October 2022 and facility staff is conducting a fire watch. Technical assistance was provided.
- During Maverick County Jail’s last comprehensive inspection, the fire panel was also in trouble but was “repaired and inspected.”
- Follow-up required: provide inspector documentation showing fire panel repairs and inspection no later than October 31, 2022
- One of the two generators is under repair and will be completed on September 22, 2022. Technical assistance was provided.
- People [inmates] were found to be misclassified in classification records. Technical assistance was provided.
- Follow-up required: submit random classifications of newly admitted people [inmates] on Friday each week for the next 30-90 days.
- Suicide/IDD screening magistrate notification and CCQ were being kept in the booking file without being securely separated. Technical assistance was provided.
- Maverick County Jail is not maintaining the 1:48 officer-to-detainee ratio as required for approximately 3 weeks. Technical assistance was provided.
- Follow-up required: jail administration will submit a plan of action to meet the 1:48 ratio as well as projected time of completion. The plan shall be submitted no later than 30 days.
- Staffing level documentation revealed that only 4 officers were utilized on the night shift for approximately 3 weeks to supervise 193 or more people.
- Violation Types
- Classification And Separation Of Inmates - Chapter 271: Classification and Separation of Inmates
- Health Services - Chapter 273: Health Services
- Life Safety Rules
- Supervision Of Inmates